Most of the tourist resorts in Tenerife have beautiful seafront promenades so you can stroll at a leisurely pace, taking in the local sights at any time of day. The promenades are pushchair friendly and are usually lined with bars, shops and restaurants often open until around ten o’clock at night.
The longest promenade, known as the Geranium Walkway, is located between the resorts of Los Cristianos, Las Americas, Costa Adeje and the quaint fishing village La Caleta. The walkway is over 10km long and don’t panic if you walk too far, there are taxi ranks located throughout all the resorts and you you can also flag down any taxi with a green light. A green light indicates that the taxi is vacant. A red light means the taxi is already taken. UBER now operates in Tenerife however it is more expensive than the local taxis. There is also a local taxi app available called TAXI CLICK.
One thing to remember here in Tenerife is that we are a volcanic island and you unfortunately can’t escape a hill or two! If you have tired little legs in your family but you haven’t brought a stroller on holiday with you, don’t worry. Travel 4 Baby have a wide selection of pushchairs available and they can be delivered straight to your door.
Local Buses in Tenerife
The bus service in Tenerife is operated by TITSA, we recommend that you download their app if you are thinking of using the bus service whilst on holiday. It will provide you with all the up to date bus information, times and numbers. The buses are green and look like coaches so you can store pushchairs etc easily underneath. You can pay by cash on the buses, although drivers prefer you to have the correct change. You can also pay by card. It’s worth noting the return tickets are cheaper than single trips. You can buy a TEN+ card with either 10 or 50 euros credit that can be topped up at anytime. This card can be downloaded or bought in local shops such as Spanish Style. The Ten+ card can save you between 20 and 30 percent discount off the normal prices.
Bus services in the busy resorts run regularly like bus line 467. This service runs every 20 minutes between La Caleta and Los Cristianos stopping everywhere in between for as little as 1.45 euro per person.
Travel 4 Baby’s Top Tips
- Under 4’s travel free of charge on local buses as long as they are seated on the knee of an adult.
- For short distances, taxis are often the best option for families. Short journeys cost between 5-10 euros which isn’t much more than the bus price. Plus, it’s faster and involves less waiting around for impatient youngsters.
- If you want to see a lot of the Island or have a little more freedom and flexibility, why not think about hiring a car? Don’t forget, Travel 4 Baby have a wide selection of top of the range car seats available to hire during your stay.
- Car parking in busy areas is difficult. Look out for payable underground parking options as they are often the easiest, quickest and most convenient place to park.
- If you don’t want to drive on holiday, rest assured Travel 4 Baby have hand picked all of the best family friendly excursions available in Tenerife. Check out our excursion section to learn more.