What to do in case of an emergency in Ibiza

Published April 19 2023

We understand you want to be prepared for every possible scenario, so don’t worry! Here is everything that you need to know in case of any emergency.

In case your child gets sick

  • If you have a European Health Card, you can access public hospitals and get medical attention for free. If you don’t, there are some private options and the cost for a doctor visit can cost around 50€ depending on the clinic and specialist. If you want the doctor to go to your accommodation, the option is possible but the price is higher.
  • If it is something minor, you can head to the nearest pharmacy. They will most likely speak English. Be careful and don’t go to a “Parafarmacia” as this is an herbal pharmacy, what you are looking for is a “Farmacia”.
  • If you don’t have any transport to head to the hospital, you can call an ambulance (the number is 112). They have English translators available.


For private hospitals, two good options are Clínica Vila Parc and Policlínica Nuestra Señora del Rosario. For public, any option is good, you have Hospital Can Misses, Centre de Salut de Vila, Centre de Salut de Sant Josep de Sa Talaia, Centre de Salut San Antoni de Portmany, etc. Take into consideration that almost all of the hospitals are in the capital.


Things you should know:

  • Make sure to keep the receipts for any medical cost you incur including prescriptions, taxis and medical bills. You may be able to claim everything back through your travel insurance.
  • If you go to a hospital, take with you your passport, insurance details and credit cards.
  • Consulates are always available over the phone for any additional advice you may need.
  • There might not be a hospital in every village or town so make sure to check before travelling to each town as you can never be too careful.


What do I do if my kid has a tooth-related emergency?

There are several private dentist clinics on the island, the majority located in the capital. Clínica Dental Marta Paura is a good option and has a very good service. The first consultation is free of charge. Some public hospitals also cover teeth-related emergencies, but not all. In case of a toothache, private clinics are the safest choice.


Police reports in Ibiza

In case you have something stolen or you need to report any type of crime, you can do so over the phone in English. Have your passport prepared as they may ask for it, they will also need a reference number from you. You have 72 hours to go to any police station and report the robbery (or any other crime).


Important Emergency numbers

Last updated: 18th of April, 2023.