Submarine Fun Tres
‘We all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine’.
If you would love to see what lies 100 feet underneath the Atlantic Ocean without getting your hair wet, then look no further than Lanzarote’s world famous Yellow Submarine!
The Submarine dives 30 metres/ 100 feet under the Ocean several times a day and it is a great experience for the whole family.
The Sub is spacious and doesn’t feel claustrophobic at all. It has a normal atmosphere so is absolutely fine for people of different ages, ear conditions, and even pregnant women. You don’t experience sea sickness on a Submarine and you can’t even feel it moving!
The only restrictions are for people who can’t climb the stairs (like a ladder) independently. So, children under the age of 2 or people with severe walking difficulties cannot board the submarine.
Child prices are from age 2-14 which is a higher age range than most excursions here in Lanzarote!
The Submarine is large and feels very spacious. Every 2 seats have their own private viewing window for you to witness the incredibly vast marine life in the Great Atlantic Ocean. You never know what you might see down there!
You have a digital screen so you can see the submarine moving underneath the water.
There are guides onboard speaking several languages telling you about how the submarine works and exactly what marine life you are seeing.
It is a really incredible family experience, especially for those who aren’t able to scuba dive. It gives children a first taster of what lies deep under the sea!
The submarine is based in the beautiful Marina Puerto Calero. You have free time after the dive to have a look around. We recommend, that if you would like to stay longer at the Marina and maybe have lunch or drinks, take a taxi back to your hotel later, instead of the free transport.
Travel 4 Baby’s top tips
- Free hotel pick ups can be arranged or, if you prefer to drive there is parking nearby
- You are under water for an hour but it feels like 5 minutes. Take snacks and water for the kids
- Great child ages as kids aged 2-14 go at a child price!
- Guides can speak in several languages
- There is a shop and a toilet at the harbor where the submarine is based
- Taxis are cheap if you are staying in the Puerto Del Carmen area. That way you can spend more time in the Marina
- Dives can be arranged for different times a day to suit your child’s sleep or eating routines.
2 - 14 Years