Rancho Texas Park
Rancho Texas Park
A truly unique park in the heart of Puerto Del Carmen, Rancho Texas is not only an animal park, it is a water park and Wild West adventure park all rolled into one. It is the perfect choice for families looking for a fun day out in Lanzarote.
Play real life Cowboys and Indians
When you enter the park you will pass through the Native American territory with grand Teepees and medicine caves that you can play inside. The teepees are lined alongside the Indian lagoon where you can even try a kayak ride if you wish. Why not search for gold in the interactive gold mine, ride a pony around the river or watch the famous Cowboy as he performs some exciting cowboy tricks?
This is the biggest zoo in Lanzarote and there are surprises waiting around every turn. Some of our favourites have to be the amazing white tigers and the gorgeous penguins as well as the funny looking armadillos.
There is a farm area with ponies, donkeys, bunnies and goats. This area is often a favourite with young children as they can pet some of the animals here. There is also an impressive Reptile Area where you will find the likes of snakes, huge turtles and scary crocodiles too.
There are several shows performed throughout the day so we recommend that you check the timings when you enter the park so you don’t miss out.
The Birds Of Prey show
Make sure you duck down as these incredible birds swoop right above your heads. Their wing spans are amazing!
The Dolphin Show
Watch as the dolphins, jump, dance and play with balls to music as they entertain the crowds. There is even chance to interact with the dolphins and have your photograph taken with them too. (We recommend booking this in advance and it’s good to know that children from as young as 3 years old can enjoy the experience too).
The Sea Lion Show
These are the funniest creatures in the park. They love to play and entertain and they will certainly put a smile on your face. It is also possible to organise photographs and interactions with the sea lions for that extra special treat.
The Parrot Show
These clever parrots and cockatoos will mesmerise you as they perform numerous tricks as they entertain the crowds.
The park also offers you the chance to cool down a little with its new fun and exciting Splash Park. It is only small but it is a welcomed extra feature on a hot, summer’s day. Don’t forget your swimwear and towels as this area includes a children’s splash zone with water jets, mini slides and a cascading water bucket. There are also two bigger slides. One is 100 metres long while the other is 82 metres long. They wind through the volcanic scenery into a plunge pool at the bottom. (These bigger slides do have a small height and age restriction). There is a sunbathing terrace, parasols and changing room with lockers close by too.
Food and Drink Options
There are two main food options inside the park. One is a snack bar beside the splash park and the other is the fast food area inside the main building. They are reasonably priced for attraction park standards.
Travel 4 Baby’s top tips
- There are buggy parking areas beside the main show and also inside the fast food zone
- Baby changing facilities can be found in the toilets by the entrance, by the pool bar area and by the fast food area in the ladies room in the main restaurant.
- There are parking areas if you have a hire car. If you are staying in the Playa Del Carmen or Costa Teguise area, taxis are a cheap, fast option.
- The park offers a bus service from Playa Blanca, Costa Teguise and Puerto Del Carmen. Double check timings and availability directly with the park.
- Try to get to the park early so you don’t miss any of the shows. You can always leave earlier then if you don’t want to eat in the park. You can’t officially take food inside however, water, baby’s bottles and a few kids snacks will be fine.
- Make sure you wear comfy shoes and lots of sun cream and if you are going in the splash zone remember the water may be cold so take something warm to wrap up in afterwards.
- Take a little spending money for souvenirs. Also, the pony rides and Kayak rides cost a couple of euros extra.
3 - 12 Years
0 - 2 Years