When coming to this side of the Mediterranean coast, we recommend you to rent a car. There are benefits to it that will make your visit a smoother and more enjoyable experience.
- There are many towns that form Costa Brava. With your own vehicle you have the freedom to visit whichever you prefer at your own schedule.
- Some beautiful creeks are not accessible by public transportation. With a car, you and your family will be able to visit every spot of the Mediterranean coast.
- When traveling with kids, having your own vehicle makes it more comfortable for long road trips – as some towns from Costa Brava are around 1-2 hours away from the nearest city.
- Invest more time on your family and the memories you make. To get to some destinations by bus or train will take you considerably more time than by car.
- Towns are prepared for cars. The majority of cars and beaches have accessible parking for visitors.
- Having your vehicle will be better in case of an emergency. If something were to happen, some smaller towns may not have the proper facilities and you may have to go to some town or city - with your own transportation, it will be easier and faster to do so.
- Get a cheaper accommodation. With the luxury of making your own schedule thanks to your rented vehicle, you can find a cheaper accommodation in Girona, Barcelona or some other city within Costa Brava and go back whenever you prefer after a full day of visiting the beautiful coastline of Costa Brava.
For all these reasons, we want to recommend you some car renting company options so you can make the best educated decision: Centauro, Sixt and Europcar. All of these renting options have family cars available; the prices are very similar and great for a trip on a budget.
Last updated: 31st of March, 2023.